Call for papers
The First Workshop on Semantic Indexing and Information Retrieval for Health from heterogeneous content types and languages (SIIRH2020)
Held in conjunction with the 42nd European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR2020)
This workshop will be a forum where the community can present and discuss current and future directions for the area based on the experience and results obtained in the BioASQ MESINESP task (http://temu.bsc.es/mesinesp/).
In addition to the MESINESP session, the workshop will include an Open Session covering IR technologies for heterogeneous health-related content open to multiple languages with a particular interest in the exploitation of structured controlled vocabularies and entity linking.
Open Session Topics
– multilingual and non-English health related IR, concept indexing and text categorization strategies;
– generation of evaluation resources for health and biomedical document IR strategies;
– scalability, robustness and reproducibility of health and biomedical IR and text mining resources;
– use of specialized machine translation and advanced deep learning approaches for improving health related search results;
– medical Question Answering search tools;
– retrieval of multilingual health related web-content;
– other related topics.
Important Dates (Open Session)
Submission Deadline: 27 January 2020 (11:59pm GMT)
Acceptance Notification: 28 February 2020 (11:59pm GMT)
Camera Ready Contributions: 30 March 2020 (11:59pm GMT)
Workshop: 14 April 2020 in Lisbon, Portugal